April 12, 2013

off to new adventures

these days ... the postman rang twice ~  oh, no ~ two postmen rang once.

postman number one brought a package from Uli (nemo ignorat) with material for natural wool dyeing. and I'm so eager to start with these things ...
package 1: much magical stuff
ok and then postman number two brought a package with combed wool and two hand spindels. Ohhhh ! ~~ I could swear I heard the cat laughing at me, when i tried the spindels first. Really a total other thing than spinning with a wheel.
package 2: more stuff
then preparings for Uli's workshop.
in the dye witches kitchen
rusty bits and bobs in a gherkins glass
but I think I'll better collect some more rusty things. the same with the red onion skins. not enough so far. funny little sparkling beads like champagne in there.
but the smell makes you become a gherkin yourself. breathtaking!

the post mordant works already on the wooden stirrer.
 I love this:
glass lid says: kitchen happiness
and
first spinning tests
the tahkli-spindle (left) is a bit enigmatically for me. is it a supported spindle or not? 
hm?  I'm able to produce a thread. 
But working with elegance happens in another way.  
cat, stopp laughing at me, please!


if only some 
of the stupid everyday duties 
would not call constantly, 
I would be totally happy today ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment